It’s almost midnight and I made a stupid video with Powder. :P
Hannibal’s 200 Follower Giveaway!
It’s been a wild ride since I started Hannibal’s blog, and I’ve made a lot of friends and learned a ton about reptiles. My love for them has grown and grown, and I want to thank everyone who takes the time and effort to make wonderful tiny homes for their tiny (or some cases not so tiny) reptiles! And also a thank you to those who follow Hannibal and love his little snoot! : D Thank you thank you!
1st Prize: A hand sewn Hannibal Plushie made by me. I’m in no way a professional at making plushies, but I did my best! :3 Colored with fabric markers!
- Please do not get it wet, the markers said waterproof but I do not trust them.
- Please be gentle, I worked really hard on this, but as I said I’m not a professional and I can’t guarantee it’ll survive being thrown out the window or chewed by a dog.
- Allergy Warning- This was made in a household with many cats and dogs, and may contain pet allergens. If this is a problem, please do not enter for the plushie.
- The plushie is about 18 inches long when set up like the middle picture of it.
2nd Prize:Hannibal sticker from my Redbubble Shop. This sticker design was drawn by me.
1. You must be living within the United States.
2. You must be ok with giving me your address, and be either 18 years or older, or have permission from your parent(s) or guardian(s).
3. No Giveaway Blogs.
4. Do not enter with more than one blog.
5. You may not resell either of the prizes.
6. You must like reptiles, so either own one (with proper housing and husbandry, of course) or have a blog or a place in your heart dedicated to reptiles. :3
7. You do not have to be following Hannibal’s blog, but you should because he’s cute. owu
8. Your ask must be on for me to send confirmation, if not I will move on to the next person. If you don’t answer within a week of winning, I will choose another winner unless I see on your blog that you’re on vacation or otherwise plan to be back on a certain date.
9. Reblog this so it shows all the text please. And do not delete any of the text.
- Reblog and in the comments list your favorite type of reptile! Any kind of reptile, and you can add details like what kind of morph or color if you want (but the details aren’t necessary, I just like knowing uwu) Only one reblog will count and it is worth one entry.
- Likes are worth one entry, and only one like will count.
- The winners will be chosen by Random.org. Two winners will be selected and contacted privately. Their names will only be posted publicly if they do not say otherwise.
The contest will end October 20th, 2014 at 9pm EST
Eeeee Hannibal! Thank you!
Gosh it’s hard to pick one, so ill just take the favor of our babes and pick California Kingsnake!
Nile crocodiles and blood pythons (:
Ayyyy the ball python babes are where it’s at! And I also love me some BRBs uwu
Ps dear lord Hanni is a cutie pie
Skookum’s had enough of your bullshit
JUST KIDDING HE LOVES YOU!
look at this lizard
I think it’s lovely how you can sit in a classroom and visualize having sex with someone and nobody will notice at all
do you know how many angry boys have messaged me about boners because of this post
In India, a snake protects two pups for 48 hours after they accidentally fall into a hole. At first it was thought that she wanted to attack them, but then noticed she was caring for the puppies. When rescued, the snake was released into a forest.
It is impossible not to share it with you.
that snake is going to snake heaven
I couldn’t help myself.
Neither could I
reblogging for ^
Public Service Announcement FOR THE TURTLES
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie is coming out today.
Get toys for your child instead of a living creature. Please don’t buy a turtle for your child on a whim. Prevent the loss of native species, be responsible. Do a lot of research before you bring a baby turtle home.
The tank you see below is the MINIMUM for a red eared slider. Do you have room for this big of a tank in two years when your new baby turtle gets big?
Baby turtles are just that—babies. They get BIG. They can live for up to 30 years. They also require some of the most needy care if you wish to care for it correctly. They don’t just require water and land and food. There’s a lot more that goes into it. And if you let it go or flush it down the toilet (like so many people do, sadly) when your child gets bored they are *worse* for the ecosystems than those burmese pythons everyone is so worried about.
If you are in Oregon, and you need more information on turtles, look here:
Thank god someone made this post. My turtle is in a 75 and I wouldn’t dream of doing anything smaller.
Is there a hide on the side that the waterbowl is? BPs should really have two hides, one on cool side, one on warm. They like to be hidden, otherwise they get stressed. If the waterbowl’s side doesn’t have a hide, it’s possible he just doesn’t want to be hot/cool but doesn’t want to be exposed.
Unintentional or uneducated animal abuse is still abuse.
You should have known better before you even got the animal.
However- people will forgive you, and not be angry with you, if you did not know better and change as quickly as possible.
You don’t sound rude at all and it’s a perfectly normal question! Owning snakes is about the fascination, at least to me it is. Its the same premise of watching an interesting TV show I suppose, you invest lots of time sitting and watching it, you watch the characters grow and change without every knowing you’ve existed or that you’re watching. I invest my time to watch them change, grow, I am emotionally invested in their actions but they don’t need to acknowledge me for it to matter. It is a one sided kind of relationship but I think it just takes a slightly odd personality to want such an odd pet ^.^ To be honest, I love the low commitment of reptiles and their emotion, it means I can interact with them on my terms when I have the time and they don’t care if it takes me 6 months to handle them again. I personally struggle with affection, it’s something that I have to work on and it allows me to work on it at my own pace without feeling uncomfortable I suppose. Where as Quinn my bird is with me 24/7 and is very high maintenance by comparison.
DON’T, DO NOT reblog peoples’ pets with captions about hating the animals. Keep it to yourself, scroll past it, block the tag and move on. I understand that people don’t like all animals, that’s cool, but please understand that I like my animals and I don’t want to see you hating on them.